Have you ever felt the need to dress in a more feminine and lady-like manner? Like you need to attend a formal dinner and have no idea what to wear? How about being invited to a first date with your crush? Or simply trying to give a good first impression? Dear, it’s time to stop fretting. In this post, Impressions of a Princess will give you simple and helpful tips to look and feel more feminine.
As a self-titled princess, I am a fan of ribbons, laces, bows, flowers, and all things cute and girly, so I think it is natural for me to wear something dainty and feminine. I want all girls who like to appear more elegant and lady-like to achieve this look by following these simple tips:
1. Wear florals. Flowers will surely make any outfit look more feminine, right? Either go for those tiny and pastel-colored ones or big, bold prints. You will never go wrong with these. How about this white sleeveless floral tank dress from SheInside?
2. Style your hair. Or not. It actually depends on what you want. If you want those romantic curls, use a curling iron or those no-heat tricks. If you want to be sleek and straight, go for it and ensure that your hair is shiny. You can also add a ribbon or any cute hair accessory to finish the look.
3. Wear simple makeup. Wear the “natural” or barely there makeup, if you want. You are going for a feminine look, so ditch those extremely dark eye makeup. A flawless base, hint of blush, and rosy lips are basically what you need.
4. Smell nice. There is really something alluring in a woman’s scent. Spray your favourite perfume in your pulse points, neck, behind the ears, inner elbows, wrists, the back of your knees, etc. Just don’t overdo it! You can try my current favourites: Nina Ricci’s La Tentation de Nina and Fendi’s Fan di Fendi Blossom.
5. Get pumped up. I like to wear heels because I love the way it gives my petite self a new confidence. Go for those statement pairs which are pleasing to the eyes yet not too high to walk with. However, if you prefer flats, a lot of styles that are now in the market can also work. The key is to wear something comfortable for you.
wearing SM Parisian pumps in red
6. Grab a handbag. It is only recently that I start to appreciate jewelry, so you will not find much of them in my previous posts. However, what I lack in accessories, I make up for my bag. I believe that like a necklace or bracelet, a statement handbag can also do wonders in one’s entire outfit. Choose a high quality bag with vivid color, and possibly some girly accents!
7. Smile. This is the only accessory I am comfortable to wear anytime and anywhere. A smile can really lift a person’s face and aura, plus it makes you look younger, prettier, and more approachable. It also makes people to be more comfortable around you.
Smile! Or be your natural self. Haha!
These are my seven tips to look more feminine. I hope you find them helpful!
ABOUT THIS OUTFIT
I got this lovely white sleeveless bandeau floral tank dress from sheinside.com. I really love the high-quality and soft polyester material used. The rose prints all over this scoop-necked dress make it easier for me to achieve that feminine and lady-like look. Its slim waist and puff and pleated hem added to its appeal. It is just so perfect for me! I paired it with my red SM Parisian pumps for a complete elegant outfit.
What are your tips to look more feminine?