I received an award!
After blogging about my useless and random thoughts, someone noticed my writing and nominated me for an award. Aneesa and Faraaz both nominated me for Liebster Blog Award. This award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
What is a Liebster? It is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
So what do we have to do to show our appreciation?
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 bloggers and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
Live. Explore. Learn. Remember. by Aneesa and Faraaz gave me these questions.
1. Favourite book to film adaptation?
My favorite book of all time is the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling.
Daniel Radcliffe, who played Harry Potter and whose real age is only a year older than mine, was such an endearing little boy at that time. I felt like I grew up with the series and the film adaptations helped me visualize the scenes better.
2. What was your first job?
My first job was a part-timer in my university.
In my country, students are discouraged to have part-time jobs, especially during school days. So one summer after my freshman year, I tried to apply as a student marketing assistant in the Public Relations, Marketing, and Advertising Office of our school. Luckily, I was chosen. It was fun! I met a lot of people and learned early about work etiquette.
3. Who is your favourite author?
This is a tough question. I am a confessed bookaholic, and I have a couple of favorites. However, if I have to choose only one, I guess it would be Mitch Albom.
I was second year in high school when I first read his book, Tuesdays with Morrie. I was really moved with the story; I cried almost in every chapter. His writing is excellent that I feel like he was just talking and relaying the story personally to me instead of putting some ink in a paper. The story was full of lessons about life and how one can live it more in purpose. Unlike other authors, he was the one who directly touched my heart and made me feel bare and exposed with all his writings.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?
Another difficult question. I love to travel and if I pass the Foreign Service Officer Examination in my country, I will be a diplomat and will be assigned to different countries. For this question, though, I think my answer will be Vienna, Austria.
After exploring all the 7, 107 islands (except for low tides) of the Philippines, I want to fly to Europe and travel around its countries. I will pick Austria first. Why? I am interested in knowing more about the historical country who played a part in the start of World War I. With its German name literally meaning Eastern Empire, I am charmed by the rich history the place holds and would like to visit it.
5. What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
I like looking at someone else’s eyes. I guess the old adage of “The eyes are the windows to one’s soul” is true.
Here are some shots of a man with those charming, tantalizing eyes.
6. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I am still young and I think I don’t have much accomplishments to choose from, but I guess it would be finishing school with flying colors.
Since I started pre-school, I was always number one in class and the entire batch. It continued until I finished elementary school as valedictorian. Then I went to a special high school where my classmates were also valedictorians, salutatorians, and honorable mentions of other schools, and I had to compete more. I didn’t get it to top 10. 🙁
However, in university I started the first semester of my freshman year in the pilot class, and was in the dean’s list ever since. I maintained a scholarship and was the top in my major. I received various awards and graduated with latin honor, a cum laude.
7. If you had to live in a decade other than the current one, which would you choose?
I love historical romances and I think the reason is deep within me, I want to live in the eighteenth century.
I imagine myself wearing those layered court dresses (like of Marie Antoinette’s) while enjoying an afternoon tea party with my beau. Oh, how lovely!
8. Eating in a theater- nefarious behaviour or perfectly acceptable?
Who wouldn’t want to eat popcorn while enjoying a good film?
9. Sailboat or cruise ship?
It seems relaxing yet adventurous sport to sail on your own.
10. If you could go back, what advice would you give yourself in high school?
I would advise myself to read and pay more attention to history and current events as I will need it in the future. Especially if I am to become a diplomat.
11. What movie do you flat-out refuse to watch, no matter how good people say it is?
I am not sure for this one, but I guess there’s none. I am willing to try any movie, and if it turns out to be bad, I might stop watching in the middle.
There, I have answered the eleven questions. Now, it is my turn to nominate 11 bloggers and give them my questions. I don’t follow many blogs, and those that I follow mostly have more than 200 followers. However, I will still post seven of them here.
The nominees are:
Here are my questions:
- What is your favorite book series?
- If you could star in any movie, what would the film and your character be?
- If you are given one week to live, how will you spend it?
- Blue or Purple?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you have done in school?
- If you could write and publish a book, what will it be about?
- Iphone or Android?
- What is your favorite coffee shop and usual order there?
- If you will be given one chance to change a historical event, what would it be?
- Real books or eBooks?
- What inspires you to write?
Thank you once again to Aneesa and Faraaz for giving me this lovely award!