The Philippines has been known to have people who look on the brighter side of life despite natural calamities, poverty, corruption, and other challenges facing their way. Their optimism is really legendary that several international news/feature agencies have already featured their happy mind set. As a Filipino myself, I can attest to my fellowmen’s positive outlook in life. This trait is very common in the country in almost all social strata. I believe that Filipinos know what is really important in life, so they don’t get stressed on trivial things. Even when several houses have been flooded, many wear a smile and find the silver lining in everything.
Known as the nation who can weather the storm and still has the ability to smile, it is unsurprising to note that the Philippines is abundant with happy and inspiring people. There are a lot who braves challenges head on and motivates others to rebuild and grow. But who do you think is the happiest and most inspiring Filipino?
This year, Cebuana Lhuillier’s Search for the Happiest Pinoy is back to recognize outstanding Filipinos who are able to rise above life’s challenges at the same time positively impact the lives of others with his/her positive outlook in life. This is basically the company’s way to celebrate and commend the values that make Filipinos – optimism, resilience, and hope.
Mechanics for the Search for the Happiest Pinoy 2014
- Must be at least 18 years old to nominate
- Nominees must also be at least 18 years old, with good moral character
- Nomination forms can be found online at happiest-pinoy.com or at any of the 1, 700 branches of Cebuana Lhuillier.
- For courier application, submit the accomplished application forms and supporting documents to FOR THE HAPPIEST PINOY SECRETARIAT, PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies, Inc., 2/F Annex 2, PJL Corporate Centre, 1782 N. Garcia cor. Candelaria Sts., Makati City 1209.
- For online application, email the forms and other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations can only be submitted from October 24, 2014 until March 31, 2015.
- Php 1 million tax-free cash prize for the Happiest Pinoy 2014 grand winner
- Php 500, 000 for the nine runners-up
- The country’s leading micro financial company will also award prizes to the Happiest Student and Happiest OFW.
To know more about the Search for Happiest Pinoy 2014 event, follow its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/happiestpinoy, Twitter and Instagram @happiestpinoy for more updates.
The Filipinos’ optimism and resilience are really outstanding traits that I am very proud of. Who do you think is the best person to embody these two values?